Sverinovo Conference May 23, 2322

For all news information about current events, as well as any diplomatic summits between nations.

Moderator: Councillor of Roleplay

Forum rules
RGP Forum: RGP Rules

Re: Sverinovo Conference May 23, 2322

Postby LordSylveon » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:43 pm

The Aeternum delegate frowned, thinking over the current proposal. It did limit their options on a defensive front, but if it came down to survival, he was certain the rules would be bent regardless.

The Aeternum is willing to sign in on this agreement.
Sometimes the world needs to BURN so it can grow.

LordSylveon
Land of Krath

Leader: Sharron L Richards
Senator: Mark Johnson
Nation: Draco Aeternum
Region: Cynosure

Postby Großadmiral V » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:28 pm

"Now for the second part of the conference. There are a number of ways that we could go about regulating war crimes, but I will just suggest a fairly easy one.
I suggest forming a small international committee, to form a court which would be given the power to judge if the defendant, individual, organisation, or even nation, had committed a war crime. As for available punishments... on a person by person basis, imprisonment or capital punishment may be an option. For organisations... economic repercussions, foreign oversight, and other restrictions. As for nations. Condemnation, embargo, economic measures, military restrictions may all be seen as fit punishments.

However, I am aware that there are other ways that we could go about this separate treaty. Firstly, I ask what you think of this suggestion. After that, feel free to suggest any idea you may have..."
Großadmiral V
Visitor

Location: The United Kingdom Of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Leader: Keisarinna Yekaterina Valpuri-Ukari Ukarist
Senator: Premiärminister Natalja Följen
Nation: Keisarasambandsríki Ukarist And The Semi-Autonomous Republik Sverinovo

Postby LordSylveon » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:37 pm

The Aeternum delegate nodded at the suggestion, finding it a rather reasonable one.

"How will members of this committee be decided? And how many voices will make up this group?"
Sometimes the world needs to BURN so it can grow.

LordSylveon
Land of Krath

Leader: Sharron L Richards
Senator: Mark Johnson
Nation: Draco Aeternum

Postby Xah » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:21 am

"The Federation of Xah proposes that we have a council, made up of one representative from each signatory nation. This council then elects three or five judges to act as an independent panel to assess the crimes. Once the judges have determined if a crime is committed, it is the responsibility of the council to decide the punishment.

"This way the actual judging should be without national bias, but the enforcement has the full backing of the international community."
Xah
Land of Athradu

Leader: Elder Anenular
Senator: Ab Keiko
Nation: The Pure Technocratic Federation of Xah

Postby Großadmiral V » Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:30 pm

"That... was exactly what I was thinking. There are only two points I'd like to make:
The council needs to check before letting just any nation's representative in, that they will not corrupt the system in any way.
Secondly, exactly how many judges are a good idea? The more you have, the better representative thought of the people, at the cost of decision making time... I'll suggest the 3 judges for now, but perhaps leaving it open to change by the council would be a good idea.

Your thoughts?"
Großadmiral V
Visitor

Location: The United Kingdom Of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Leader: Keisarinna Yekaterina Valpuri-Ukari Ukarist
Senator: Premiärminister Natalja Följen
Nation: Keisarasambandsríki Ukarist And The Semi-Autonomous Republik Sverinovo

Postby Uberlyuber » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:37 pm

The representative of Uberia, after listening to a transcript of the dialogue so far, rushes in, fairly late, but takes his seat at the table anyhow.

"Hello everyone, I apologize for my lateness. Before I begin, let me state the the Commonwealth of the Uberian Revolutionary Alliance will sign the first part of this document. But that's only the vegetables, we want the meat, right? I am of course speaking of enforcing this document.

I do agree with having an international tribunal, however there needs to be a few provisions:
1.) Nations automatically join it upon entering Cynosure
2.) Nations cannot leave it, unless they leave the region entirely
3.) Corporations and special interests that may corrupt such an honorable society must be banned from ever meddling with the court's affairs.

Now that that's out of the way, this tribunal would need some way to capture suspected war criminals. I suggest a small agency, staffed with some of the best Cynosure has, dedicated to hunting down these brutes. From there, I'd suggest 5 judges - being considered a war criminal is no small issue, it should require 3/5 support before a potential defendant is declared guilty. Furthermore, there would have to be a region-operated facility to house war criminals. I suggest that Cynosure itself claims sector 1 [see the map thread] for use to such a prison - it's far removed from society, even if someone did escape, they would never make it past the barren landscape to freedom. Thank you for your time."
Yours truly,
Uberlyuber
Chairman of the Commonwealth of The Uberian Revolutionary Alliance
Uberlyuber
Visitor

Leader: Chancellor Uberlyuber
Senator: General James T Thomas
Nation: The Uberian Revolutionary Alliance

Return to “Diplomacy and Events”