Draco Aeternum Trade Request from Qora

Post trades and trade agreements between nations in here.

Moderator: Councillor of Roleplay

Forum rules
RGP Forum: RGP Rules

Draco Aeternum Trade Request from Qora

Postby Kleo Kira Azu » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:54 am

Zosime Yeong Oenone Guo sends a message to Draco Aeternum

To Whom it may concern,
We have interest in your peoples and we're interested if we can have a few genetic samples. We can negotiate what you would like in exchange. Please contact me at your earliest convenience.
Sincerely,
The Qorsikan Minister of Foreign Requisitions
Zosime Yeong Oenone Guo
Just your average friendly neighborhood Xeno that dropped out from the skies that happened to have displaced a technologically focused Imperialist Nationstate.

Well we're just shy and scared in this place. We're just fish out of water from the cosmos. You can see the trip has left us tired and drained so how about you be a pal and give us your Industrial Capacity? We can give you many shiny rocks. You may know them as "Gems" and "Transition Metals."
Kleo Kira Azu
Land of Maderos

Location: United States of America, America, Terra, Sol System, Alpha Quadrant, Much Milk Way
Leader: Kleo Kira Azu
Senator: Kleo Kira Azu
Nation: The Imperial Matriarchy of Qora
Region: Cynosure

Re: Draco Aeternum Trade Request from Qora

Postby LordSylveon » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:45 am

It had been a rather long day for Mr. Mark Johnson, leading foreign representative. Admittedly, he had hoped to serve the people of his home more, directly, when he had entered politics. Never had he thought himself a diplomat, although clearly many others felt differently. As he sat down at his desk, he saw that he had a missive for him. Frowning, he looked at it, examining it and rereading it before forming an opinion.

It was certainly a strange request, more so than he had dealt with in a while. It made him rather uncomfortable, the idea of selling out the genetic code of his countrymen. This seemed more of a request for the Science Director, but he was the one dealing with it now. First things first, he needed to file a report for the President. He didn't think she'd enjoy it, but ultimately it was her call on the matter. Quickly sending an email, one briefing her on what he knew of the situation and the party at hand, he leaned back in his chair and waited, speculation filling his mind. What could they possibly want with genetic information? Perhaps a weapon of some kind? He laughed that off rather quickly, as the Aeternum's understanding of technology was well enough that they could find a cure rather quickly. Perhaps it was merely a request with the desire for knowledge at hand. It was a little altruistic, but possible.

He spent the next couple of hours going over documents covering the most recent and unfortunate civil war ensuing. His thoughts were disrupted by a beep, and he looked over to his console to see he had a response from the President.

See why they want it, and what they are willing to offer. I leave this in your hands Johny boy.

~Richards

Sighing at the Presidents lack of formality at the matter, he knew that he had likely been to quick to jump to panic. If she wasn't overly flustered by it, then why should he? Typing up a response to the Qoran Request, he spent some time working on it. It wasn't long by any means, but it did carry a certain degree of 'diplomacy' to it.

Dear Mr. Guo,
Your request has reached us, and we have reviewed its rather spartan contents. As you understand, we are responsible for all citizens of the Aeternum, and as such are hesitant to offer something so personal as their genetics to a foreign power. Perhaps if you were to enlighten us as to the reasons for this request, and what would be done with this information, it will help ease our concerns. We are also interested in what exactly it is you intend to offer in exchange for such information.

We look forward to your response.
Sincerely,
Mark Johnson,
Head of DA Foreign Relations.

With the message away, Mark returned to what he had started with.

Waiting.
Sometimes the world needs to BURN so it can grow.

LordSylveon
Land of Krath

Leader: Sharron L Richards
Senator: Mark Johnson
Nation: Draco Aeternum

Postby Kleo Kira Azu » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:21 pm

Zosime sits at her desk, sorting through all the foreign trades and requisitions going on through civilian companies and internationally when she gets the message back from Draeco Aeternum and starts to read.

LordSylveon wrote:Dear Mr. Guo,
Your request has reached us, and we have reviewed its rather spartan contents. As you understand, we are responsible for all citizens of the Aeternum, and as such are hesitant to offer something so personal as their genetics to a foreign power. Perhaps if you were to enlighten us as to the reasons for this request, and what would be done with this information, it will help ease our concerns. We are also interested in what exactly it is you intend to offer in exchange for such information.

We look forward to your response.
Sincerely,
Mark Johnson,

"Mr? ... must be a culture thing. Eh... right..." Mumbling to herself reading through the message. "Eh... fair enough." She then begins to type back to the DA of Foreign Relations.

To the DA Foreign Relations,

Firstly, this minister wishes to apologize as she is most accustomed with spartan trade requests. The Imperial Matriarchy understands your stance on the matter and wishes to inform you that we plan on using this to further our understanding for all the peoples on Cynosure. Especially the more unique peoples, if you forgive the phrase. In exchange we might find it reasonable to give you our genetic information as well as we are originally, Extraterrestrial in nature.

Please let me know if there is anything lacking in this agreement.
Sincerely,
Zosime Yeong Oenone Guo

She sighs to herself. "I hope that would be adequate to appease them."
Just your average friendly neighborhood Xeno that dropped out from the skies that happened to have displaced a technologically focused Imperialist Nationstate.

Well we're just shy and scared in this place. We're just fish out of water from the cosmos. You can see the trip has left us tired and drained so how about you be a pal and give us your Industrial Capacity? We can give you many shiny rocks. You may know them as "Gems" and "Transition Metals."
Kleo Kira Azu
Land of Maderos

Location: United States of America, America, Terra, Sol System, Alpha Quadrant, Much Milk Way

Postby LordSylveon » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:06 am

Mark wasn't expecting a response to come as soon as it did, and he read it over rather quickly. It seemed innocent enough, and it was technically a fair trade. Though, there was the whole "what exactly were they supposed to do with ET genetics" question bouncing around his head. Thinking about it, honestly it just didn't seem like a worth while trade. It didn't give the Aeternum anything, and it did present several security risks to innocent citizens. Sighing, he knew that they'd need to either offer a counter proposal, or reject the offer outright. As he began to type, he heard a series of loud crashes from somewhere outside his door. Suspicious, he was about to get up when the door came flying open, and he saw an unfortunately familiar face.

Dr. Erhart Rauscher had a certain reputation, one that generally made his presence dreaded outside the Nocturne Research Labs. When Doctor Rauscher got involved into things, people started disappearing in the name of science. Honestly, Mark knew this man should've been locked away years ago for the crimes he happily committed throughout his research. Unfortunately, the man had literally designed nearly every piece of Aeternum tech, from the internet to the genetics programs currently in existence. The last man to actually try and stop Rauscher had been the former president, an event that had sparked the Civil War in the first place. The fowl history surrounding the scientist caused Mark to scowl, despite Rauscher's upbeat demeanor.

Ah, how very good of you to be here. I vas vorried you might've gone and sent a disastrous message, but fortunately ATI was able to alert me to the response. She is so very good at keeping her Father avare of the situation, jah? Ah, but I am getting a head of mine self. You must agree to their current terms. The secrets ve could learn are unimaginable!

Despite Rauscher's excitement, Mark couldn't help but be shocked, almost angry.

You've been spying on me!

Rauscher rolled his eyes at the out burst, laughing.

Oh, please. I vouldn't just follow you. I keep track of all messages in and out of the Aeternum. Now, I believe you vere agreeing to there terms, no?

Mark noticed the sharper tone at the end of the scientist's statement, and he knew there wasn't much of a way for him to reject the course of events that would ensue. Not if he wanted to avoid becoming an experiment, that is. Sighing, he began typing a response, accepting the offer.

Dear Qorsikan Minister of Foreign Requisitoons,

I have been authorized to accept your offer, as the trade of knowledge is how civilizations grow and better the lives for all. We will look forward to the trade.

In addition, we will need specifics, such as what genetic samples you will be offering, the quality of those samples, the quantity of said samples, and of course any special requirements in terms of maintaining samples during research. We are also forwarding this to the NTL, under Doctor Erhart Rauscher. He will be looking forward to any further information.

Sincerely,
Mark Johnson,

Mark glared at the scientist as his keyboard stopped responding, and the email both finished and sent itself. Smiling, Rauscher, simply nodded, turned, and walked out of the room. Mark didn't know what these samples were going to be used for, and he deeply hoped he never found out.

LordSylveon
Land of Krath

Postby Kleo Kira Azu » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:28 am

As soon as Zosime noticed she had recieved a message back from the Head of DA Foreign Relations she picked up her phone and called Professor Ignoble, one of the heads of Qorsikan Munitions. Although brilliant, he had the tendency to be snide in his remarks and claiming everything done by his subordinates as his own handiwork. His name, being a representative of that, is actually a nickname everyone calls behind his back. Since everyone can't remember what his actual name is they just call him "Professor."

"Yes, Zosime? Are you calling to tell me how to do my job?" Ignoble answered in his usual annoyed tone.
"Ah, yes... Professor. I am in need of some genetic samples. Qorsikan of course. They are to be sent to us so that they may be used as trade commodities.
"Don't you think-"
"No, that's why I'm asking you to tell me what I need to know to transport these."
"right... I'll send you the required information."

several hours later
Zosime reads through the files Ignoble sent to her. She rubs her temples, wondering what she wasn't reading since she clearly wasn't a scientist. She sighs to herself and starts making a reply for the DA head of foreign relations.

Dear head of DA Foreign Relations,

We thank you for accepting the trade with us as we expand our knowledge for the betterment of living for everyone.

As for the details all of our samples we will be giving you are in good quality. What samples and the quantity are as listed;
10 fresh Qorsikan Corpses, death by natural causes. Currently in Cryogenic stasis for transport.
10 liters of blood, kept at 5C

The requirements for maintaining the samples will be in a dossier that will be given to you upon arrival with the samples we have given you. We'll assume you have done similar for maintaining the genetic samples you are giving us as well.

Sincerely,
Zosime Yeong Oenone Guo

Kleo Kira Azu
Land of Maderos

Postby LordSylveon » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:24 am

Doctor Rauscher smiled as he read the email, excited at the potential gains from such a bountiful offer. Truly, he was looking forward to becoming far more intimate with the inner workings of the Qora. He couldn't count all the potential applications the research he was conducting could offer, but he looked forward to exploring each and every option. Happily pouring himself a drink, he spoke out to the empty room.

Oh Persephone, could you please take a message for me? One to our newest friends in Qora.

An orange light projected itself into the room, and took the shape of a ball of gears, ever shifting and ticking away. It was roughly a meter in diameter, and shifted somewhat to 'face' Rauscher.

Of course Doctor.

Excellent.

Dear Fräulein Zosime Oenone,

Your offer ez more than acceptable for mein needs. In return, I am offering the following.
Five human corpses, five Vulpes corpses, all preserved and in excellent condition, I assure you.

Ve vill also provide your scientists with many differing types of blood samples, with exactly one liter of each sample.

If there are any further questions, then please forward it to the Nocturne Science Labs.

I look forward to our forward endeavors.

Sincerely,
Doctor Erhart Rauscher,
Chief Scientist of the Draco Aeternum.

That should be good. Please send it right away.

The ball of gears dipped a bit, likely nodding in response to his request. He did so love how his children learned to emulate others despite their nature and appearances.

Right away Doctor.

The message was quickly sent, and the doctor leaned back, planning what he would do first. Dissect one of the bodies? Analyze the blood? There would be other researchers on it as well, but he wanted to first pickings.

► Show Spoiler

LordSylveon
Land of Krath

Return to “Trading Post”