To: The NRL: Sub: Radioisotope Generators

Post trades and trade agreements between nations in here.

Moderator: Councillor of Roleplay

Forum rules
RGP Forum: RGP Rules

To: The NRL: Sub: Radioisotope Generators

Postby Großadmiral V » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:32 am

A message is sent from the UVS (Ukaristi Armed Forces) Acquisitions Office.

The Ukaristi Våpnade Strykor department of development wishes to purchase a number of Radioisotope Generators, and the necessary fuel, with the hopes of using them to test a number of prototype vehicles.

The Crown has allocated funds for the immediate order of 500 of the like. As part of a sign of thanks, we (requisitions department) have come to your own company first in the hopes of fulfilling the order.

If able to fulfill, please reply to this office with the unit and total cost for the order.

Sincerely,
Nikolas Läkkäinnä
Großadmiral V
Visitor

Location: The United Kingdom Of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Leader: Keisarinna Yekaterina Valpuri-Ukari Ukarist
Senator: Premiärminister Natalja Följen
Nation: Keisarasambandsríki Ukarist And The Semi-Autonomous Republik Sverinovo
Region: Cynosure

Re: To: The NRL: Sub: Radioisotope Generators

Postby LordSylveon » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:29 pm

A response is sent from the NRL (Nocturne Research Labs) Energy Production Department.

Greetings Mr. Läkkäinnä,

Although I regret to inform you that we do not generally make use of Radioisotope Generators, and as a result we are not able to fulfill your order to your predesignated specifications.

However, upon review of the requirements these generators were required to fit, I am pleased to alert you and your department to the existence of Cold Fusion Power Cells, and it is the belief of my department that they will be able to meet and exceed any drains or sudden power requirements your prototypes may induce. These cells are used as power sources for the APE series of powered armor, and have been proven to be extremely reliable. CFP Cells are fueled by deuterium, 2H, a rather simple isotope to make and store.

If this substitute is acceptable, we can get 500 modified cells ready within a week. I will be attaching relevant information about these cells to this message, as well as the projected power outputs for the custom cells for your prototype vehicles.
Sincerely,
Doctor Jason Reed,
Direction of Energy Production
Sometimes the world needs to BURN so it can grow.

LordSylveon
Land of Krath

Leader: Sharron L Richards
Senator: Mark Johnson
Nation: Draco Aeternum

Postby Großadmiral V » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:48 pm

A new reply is sent from the UVS (Ukaristi Armed Forces) Acquisitions Office.

Góðan dag Doctor,

Apologies. It seems our supply information was incorrect.

I have suggested the Cold Fusion Cell alternative to the development team, and they have agreed that this substitute would still fit the design specification, as well as making some savings in places.

Therefore, we would like to go ahead and complete the transaction for the cells. Please give us the unit cost for the shipment so that we may promptly send the payment and complete the transaction.

Sincerely,
Nikolas Läkkäinnä
Großadmiral V
Visitor

Postby LordSylveon » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:37 pm

A response is sent from the NRL Energy Production Department roughly a day later.

Greetings Mr. Läkkäinnä,

Due to the availability of resources, as well as the familiarity my department has with creating such devices, the costs for the cells themselves will be relatively low. Due to the custom size, we are having to make them from scratch, driving the price at 500,000 Caps for the cells.

The other matter is fuel. While i recommend highly purified Deuterium (99.996%-D), a kilogram of the material would run at 7500 Caps, making the full order 3,750,000 caps for fuel. Although your nation may be able to field the 4.25 Million Caps for the project as a whole, you may want to lower the costs to cover other expenses. We can ship 99%-D, lower grade Deuterium (also known as 99 Proof), for 600 Caps per Kilogram, which would drop down the cost of fuel to 300,000 Caps, and make the final cost 800,000 Caps. While this is significantly cheaper, that is not without reason. 99 Proof while functional tends to add, quirks, to the power systems of what its used on, causing fluctuations in power output. Unfortunately, due to the nature and design of the cells, each cell is likely to have its own unique way of responding to 99 proof. Fortunately, it is not completely random, and each cell will respond consistently when refueled, so it is something that can be worked around.
Sincerely,
Doctor Jason Reed,
Direction of Energy Production
Sometimes the world needs to BURN so it can grow.

LordSylveon
Land of Krath

Leader: Sharron L Richards
Senator: Mark Johnson
Nation: Draco Aeternum

Postby Großadmiral V » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:50 am

On the same day, just hours later, another message is sent from the UVS Acquisitions Office.

Góðan dag Doctor Reed,

The project that these are intended for is highly sensitive. I will say that there are concerns that the 'quirks of 99 Proof' could mean the death of the operator. However, as this is at the forefront of our technological progress, we ourselves are not entirely sure.
Therefore, the Crown has authorized a compromise: 500 units of the cells, 100 units of 99.996%-D and 400 units of 99%-D. Our own testing will determine the viability of either for our prototypes specifically.

If my calculations are correct, that should bring the cost to a total of 1,490,000 caps. My department will be sending this payment shortly.

Thank you for your help.
Sincerely,
Nikolas Läkkäinnä
Großadmiral V
Visitor

Return to “Trading Post”