Updates to the Forum

Regional Announcements by the Cynosure Order and the Council of Brilliance.
Wuufu
Grand Master
Grand Master
NS Nation (Prefix): The Grand Master of
Nexus Client: The Mitaku Federation
Client Tech Level: A1
Client Leader: Federal Council
Client Councillor: Cassie Ekin
Client Species: Mitaku

Updates to the Forum

Post by Wuufu » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:18 am

Hey everyone,

The forum has been updated with a fresh coat of paint. If you have chosen the dark skin, you will need to re-choose it from the User Profile but you'll notice even that looks a little fresher than before!

Given that we're running the latest version of PHPBB, there are some new features available, which I'll list below.

From PHPBB
  • Emoji! - Thanks to the brand-new BBCode parser, you can now make use of the entire Emoji keyboard when posting. I haven't figured out how to use this feature yet but I'm sure we can work it out.
  • Clever Quotes - the quoting system has been improved to show a link to the quoted post and post author. The full time and date of the quoted post is now also available to get all the information in one glance.
  • reCAPTCHA 2.0 - when registering, the anti-bot countermeasure uses that new Google checkbox.
  • Improved Notifications - notifications now work faster and more efficiently. This change also reduces the posting time to be almost instantaneous.
From Extensions
  • Thanks For Posts! - Our new like system is here. At the top right of every post is a thumbs up you can use to Thank someone for a wonderful post. Show your support for a post without having to write a single word.
  • Quick Scroll - Scroll to the top or bottom of a page using the arrows found at the bottom right of the page.
There are a few other things here and there which I'm sure you'll find. Let me know in the Technical Bay if you run into any issues and enjoy the changes!
Wuufu, Councillor of Security and Interim Councillor of Foreign Affairs in the Council of Brilliance, and Grand Master of The Cynosure Order.

Wuufu
Grand Master
Grand Master
NS Nation (Prefix): The Grand Master of
Nexus Client: The Mitaku Federation
Client Tech Level: A1
Client Leader: Federal Council
Client Councillor: Cassie Ekin
Client Species: Mitaku

Re: Updates to the Forum

Post by Wuufu » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:05 pm

Due to a change in the BBCode system, the following BBCode has changed. Please update your factbooks accordingly.

Code: Select all

[spoil=title]Hidden[/spoil] is now [spoiler=title]Hidden[/spoiler] 
where [spoil]Hidden[/spoil] is for default spoilers.
Wuufu, Councillor of Security and Interim Councillor of Foreign Affairs in the Council of Brilliance, and Grand Master of The Cynosure Order.