Future of Cynosure

The General Forum of Cynosure; enter, relax and discuss many interesting topics as you listen to the music!
Wuufu
Grand Master
Grand Master
NS Nation (Prefix): The Grand Master of
Nexus Client: The Mitaku Federation
Client Tech Level: A1
Client Leader: Federal Council
Client Councillor: Cassie Ekin
Client Species: Mitaku

Future of Cynosure

Post by Wuufu » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:24 am

Hey Citizens of Cynosure!

It's time to ask and discuss the serious question of where we want to take this region. It would be good to have a direction so that we can start moving the region towards actually offering something to those who choose to participate.

I know Henn suggested the idea of turning this into a purely RPG region. Henn, could you elaborate what that would mean for Cynosure and how you would see that happening?

Hugsim, what are your thoughts on this question? And of course for anyone else who is now a citizen of this region, do feel free to chip in.
Wuufu, Councillor of Security and Interim Councillor of Foreign Affairs in the Council of Brilliance, and Grand Master of The Cynosure Order.

Gyld
Level 2.1
Level 2.1

Re: Future of Cynosure

Post by Gyld » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:29 pm

Im going to be honest..
I've never taken part in regions so im not really sure what to say. I had a country on nationstates a while ago but only answered issues and wrote factbooks because, at the time, i didnt know there was more to it but now i plan to get more into depth .

P.s. I love rp in any form so a pure rp regionsounds pretty cool.

ProfessorHenn
Level 14.0
Level 14.0
NS Nation (Prefix): The Prophet
Client Leader: Professor Henn
Client Councillor: Professor Henn

Post by ProfessorHenn » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:52 pm

We Roleplay everything out, except for the Seaside Boardwalk, but we still involve ourselves in GP affairs.
Signed,

ProfessorHenn

Hugsim
Level 9.2
Level 9.2
Client Councillor: High Ambassador Briar Callahan Mayer

Post by Hugsim » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:55 pm

The pure RPG-region is an interesting idea, and I think that it would definitely differentiate Cynosure from most other regions. It sounds cool, especially since Cynosure is divided into the four lands. Some friendly rivalry between the lands could probably make more people involved with the region, as long as it's held on a reasonable level.
Head of State and Government: Voice of the Council Jon Triston Carver
Cynosurian Senator and Representative in Cynosure: High Ambassador Briar Callahan Mayer

Wuufu
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by Wuufu » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:39 pm

It does sound like that's the best direction for the region to go, indeed. It sounds like it could be fun. We'd need to decide on which areas we designate as roleplay areas, and which we use OOC discussion, so we can still talk normally when we aren't roleplaying. I've got a nice way of displaying a notice above roleplay areas of the forum so that shouldn't be too much of a biggy.

Then, the next question is; how does River fit into this. My thought is that she is the regions Artificial Intelligence; a single being that encompasses the entire region and that integrates into all activity, thus helping to manage things on behalf of the Senate. I'm thinking something like the Sentient Intelligence (http://peterfhamilton.wikia.com/wiki/SI ... elligence)) in the Pandora's Star / Judas Unchained series of books, built by The Cynosure Temple (which I will roleplay as a kind of Vatican or Jedi like institution that oversees things on behalf of the Senate).

This is rather exciting!
Wuufu, Councillor of Security and Interim Councillor of Foreign Affairs in the Council of Brilliance, and Grand Master of The Cynosure Order.

ProfessorHenn
Level 14.0
Level 14.0

Post by ProfessorHenn » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:12 pm

Not RPG. RGP. Role-Gameplay.
Signed,

ProfessorHenn

Wuufu
Grand Master
Grand Master

Future of Cynosure

Post by Wuufu » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:02 am

Alright, if there are no further comments to this thread, I will work on pivoting the region towards an RGP (not RPG, although I would personally see those as interchangeable), and setup the forum (and River) as so.

I'll then open a central forum for regional RP between nations. Each nation will have a representative who is only allowed to "post" within the Senate forums, but in this regional RP forum anyone can post, so you can have multiple characters from your nation.

Once we're clear, I'll resume recruitment with this in mind. Stand by for awesome! :P

ProfessorHenn
Level 14.0
Level 14.0

Post by ProfessorHenn » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:28 am

+1, Wuufu.
Signed,

ProfessorHenn

Gyld
Level 2.1
Level 2.1

Post by Gyld » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:16 pm

Sounds good ^-^

Wuufu
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by Wuufu » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:47 pm

Hey everyone, just a note that I haven't forgotten about this, things are moving slowly forward but the weekend usually has me disappearing almost completely from Internet activity.

I have already made a few changes to the region; you can now set your nation's representative in your UCP > Profile section, and I suggest you do so. I'm going to make a few more changes to the forum, and expand on the Roleplay rules. I also plan on submitting a few changes to the Constitution to the Senate so it supports RGP as well, and this will be the first task of our three person Senate team*. RGP will run side-by-side with normal regional operations so there will be RGP areas opening up all over the forum.

Thanks for your patience. :)

*Anyone who isn't a senator, see here: (viewtopic.php?f=36&p=12#p12). At this stage I'm happy to use my position to fast track anyone who wants into the Senate.