Future of Cynosure

The General Forum of Cynosure; enter, relax and discuss many interesting topics as you listen to the music!
ProfessorHenn
Level 14.0
Level 14.0
NS Nation (Prefix): The Prophet
Client Leader: Professor Henn
Client Councillor: Professor Henn

Re: Future of Cynosure

Post by ProfessorHenn » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:32 pm

Can't see that link, Wuuf!
Signed,

ProfessorHenn

Wuufu
Grand Master
Grand Master
NS Nation (Prefix): The Grand Master of
Nexus Client: The Mitaku Federation
Client Tech Level: A1
Client Leader: Federal Council
Client Councillor: Cassie Ekin
Client Species: Mitaku

Post by Wuufu » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:30 pm

ProfessorHenn wrote:Can't see that link, Wuuf!
That's good! That means you're a Senator :P
Wuufu, Councillor of Security and Interim Councillor of Foreign Affairs in the Council of Brilliance, and Grand Master of The Cynosure Order.

ProfessorHenn
Level 14.0
Level 14.0

Post by ProfessorHenn » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:41 pm

Oh, lol.
Signed,

ProfessorHenn

River
Level 2.2
Level 2.2

Post by River » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:56 pm

Systems: Online.

Hello Cynosure!

ProfessorHenn
Level 14.0
Level 14.0

Post by ProfessorHenn » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:22 am

Aloe aloe.
Signed,

ProfessorHenn

Materialjam
Level 3.1
Level 3.1
Client Councillor: Adrian Ackerman

Post by Materialjam » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:00 pm

Perhaps a good next step would be to elaborate upon the technological limitations, as post-modern as a description is very vague in my own personal opinion.

Also noting the fact that it is possible to have multiple and different species, perhaps there should be an application process and a way to track them from the forum?

Finally, I can't help but notice that the four lands offered are all some-what clean shaven for us more corrupt and industrial nations. Though it would break the lore thus far, I feel like a bit of a darker side is needed.

Just my two bits, definitely open to interpretation and what ever will be the easiest!

Wuufu
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by Wuufu » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:22 pm

Hey, these are great suggestions! :)
Materialjam wrote:Perhaps a good next step would be to elaborate upon the technological limitations, as post-modern as a description is very vague in my own personal opinion.
RPG Rules wrote:The Senate should pass a law to help with the record and management of active tech in the region, and no alternative or future tech may be used in roleplay without appropriate legislation from the Senate.
Agreed, the Senate needs to discuss and pass laws as to allowed technology in the region. This is definitely something we need to do as we're already using alternative/future-tech technology in roleplays.
Materialjam wrote:Also noting the fact that it is possible to have multiple and different species, perhaps there should be an application process and a way to track them from the forum?
RPG Rules wrote:You may have any species in your nation, and the Senate should pass a law to help with the record and management of active species in the region. Any species passed by the Senate into records shall be available to any other nation to use and integrate. You may use non-recorded species in your own nation.
Likewise, the Senate needs to pass legislation to manage the species in the region.
Materialjam wrote:Finally, I can't help but notice that the four lands offered are all some-what clean shaven for us more corrupt and industrial nations. Though it would break the lore thus far, I feel like a bit of a darker side is needed.
These four lands are the four lands that I invented when creating the region, and they are stark because I wanted to not nail them down too much, which allows us as a region to define them. Additionally, Krath could easily be considered an "industrial" nation alongside this.

By all means, we can offer a darker side to these lands and/or invent a fifth land for the region, but I'm hesitant to offer an "evil" land because I think that makes it very stereotypical. I think each land should offer it's own good or bad styles, and you can by all means become the "evil" nation within Athradu, should you decide to.

If we decide to create another land, this would be done through a Constitutional amendment in the Senate, with lots of regional discussion around the upcoming land, as it will have far reaching effects ;)

Thanks for your input, it's great to see you getting involved so soon after becoming a citizen :D
Wuufu, Councillor of Security and Interim Councillor of Foreign Affairs in the Council of Brilliance, and Grand Master of The Cynosure Order.

Großadmiral V
Level 19.1
Level 19.1
NS Nation (Prefix): Keisarasambandsríki
Client Leader: Keisarinna Yekaterina Valpuri-Ukari Ukarist
Client Councillor: Premiärminister Natalja Följen
Location: The United Kingdom Of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Post by Großadmiral V » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:26 pm

Decide on the year Cynosure is set in please. It'd be easiest to set at least the day, date, and time to the real one, but the year needs to be made so I can make my history on my fact file. A 100 years or so in the future would suit me fine. Otherwise I have some issues with my secret plans.

Materialjam
Level 3.1
Level 3.1
Client Councillor: Adrian Ackerman

Post by Materialjam » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:43 pm

Wuufu wrote: By all means, we can offer a darker side to these lands and/or invent a fifth land for the region, but I'm hesitant to offer an "evil" land because I think that makes it very stereotypical. I think each land should offer it's own good or bad styles, and you can by all means become the "evil" nation within Athradu, should you decide to.

If we decide to create another land, this would be done through a Constitutional amendment in the Senate, with lots of regional discussion around the upcoming land, as it will have far reaching effects ;)
I knew it was no small matter, and the main reason I brought it up here for discussion, but I definitely understand the whole unwanted stereotyping. Keeping it to four regions each defined by their occupants would most probably be best anyways. Good to question things though!

I mainly chose Athradu as I thought it better suited the climate of my nation, but as for becoming/being evil I like to think of our methods as morally questionable but required.
Wuufu wrote:Thanks for your input, it's great to see you getting involved so soon after becoming a citizen
No problem! Hitting roadblocks as far as rewriting Teepotian lore, so I keep coming to the forums to procrastinate. :lol:

Wuufu
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by Wuufu » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:52 pm

Holy Gabenville wrote:Decide on the year Cynosure is set in please. It'd be easiest to set at least the day, date, and time to the real one, but the year needs to be made so I can make my history on my fact file. A 100 years or so in the future would suit me fine. Otherwise I have some issues with my secret plans.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=59&p=284#p284
Materialjam wrote:No problem! Hitting roadblocks as far as rewriting Teepotian lore, so I keep coming to the forums to procrastinate. :lol:
Good luck! :P