FAQ About Cynosure

The General Forum of Cynosure; enter, relax and discuss many interesting topics as you listen to the music!
Wuufu
Grand Master
Grand Master
NS Nation (Prefix): The Grand Master of
Nexus Client: The Mitaku Federation
Client Tech Level: A1
Client Leader: Federal Council
Client Councillor: Cassie Ekin
Client Species: Mitaku

FAQ About Cynosure

Post by Wuufu » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:47 pm

Hey everyone,

I figure the next thing to add to our website guide is a quick FAQ about what Cynosure is and what we're trying to accomplish. I think this should give a quick overview of our RGP (that we're basing it off the EU), an explanation of our pacifist agenda (that the region has no military, but individual nations can; my main goal with that has always been to keep Cynosure out of NS Gameplay), and the kind of things we offer (which we can expand as time goes on).

Anyone feel up to writing anything? Or perhaps you have other questions on Cynosure that you feel should be in this FAQ?
Wuufu, Councillor of Security and Interim Councillor of Foreign Affairs in the Council of Brilliance, and Grand Master of The Cynosure Order.

ProfessorHenn
Level 14.0
Level 14.0
NS Nation (Prefix): The Prophet
Client Leader: Professor Henn
Client Councillor: Professor Henn

Re: FAQ About Cynosure

Post by ProfessorHenn » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:15 pm

Q. How the hell did you name it?
Signed,

ProfessorHenn

Wuufu
Grand Master
Grand Master
NS Nation (Prefix): The Grand Master of
Nexus Client: The Mitaku Federation
Client Tech Level: A1
Client Leader: Federal Council
Client Councillor: Cassie Ekin
Client Species: Mitaku

Re: FAQ About Cynosure

Post by Wuufu » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:25 pm

ProfessorHenn wrote:Q. How the hell did you name it?
Good question, and one I wasn't expecting :P

I have an online friend who isn't involved in NationStates. We go back years and years, and we met up on a Star Trek Simm site, back when I was simming as Chief Operations Officer of a starship. We quickly became good friends. Through a series of events, both him and I moved to found our own starship simm, together with a few others, and when that closed up due to inactivity, he then proposed to me a new genre; Star Wars.

Apparently, in the past, he'd been part of a community called Cynosure set in the Star Wars universe on an online video game. This community was well known for its constructive debates and well produced stories set in the Star Wars universe and beyond, and for the mature way it held itself. Together, and with the blessing of the previous community, we aimed to create a Star Wars Jedi Simm with the same name in an effort to produce something similar.

Suffice to say it didn't quite reach the potential we set for it. While it lacks the blessing of those before it, I am hopeful this Cynosure will. :)
Wuufu, Councillor of Security and Interim Councillor of Foreign Affairs in the Council of Brilliance, and Grand Master of The Cynosure Order.