First Contact

For all news information about current events, as well as any diplomatic summits between nations that take place outside of the Nexus Council.

Moderator: Roleplay Master

Forum rules
RRP Forum: RRP Rules
Oiniane
Level 5.2
Level 5.2
Nexus Client: Sinikivi
Client Tech Level: I3
Client Leader: The Empress
Client Species: Human

Re: First Contact

Post by Oiniane » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:58 pm

The Directed carefully listens to Advocate's words, her expression changing between sceptical and humoured. She'd only speak once the advocate would have finished with the long answers, asking immediately without even pausing to think (atleast visibly). "That's... indeed extremely spacious. However are we to believe that there's nothing for you to gain from this? No tariffs? No forced military alliances against some great evil that you seers have seen in their dreams? No invoking of your own laws at this side of the gate: forcing practices, weapons, or research to be banned? No control over the gate's closure from our end nor freedom to choose who traverses through it?" She pause for tiny moment, smiling. "As if none of those are enforced... I cannot see any reason to turn down your request."

After a pause to gather her thoughts, and letting the historian to change to another paper on the typewriter yet again, she'd add. "Yet there's still one issue. Will there be only one gate? As then it's location, could mean fall of entire nations, or hopefully even something more prosperous. Tell me Advocate, what do you seek to gift to this world?" She'd pause and hastily add with soft tone. "Of course if there are any questions of your own, feel free to air them. This is supposed to be two way street, even if I might hold the initiative."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

By Centrum, two small destroyers would start to head towards the atol, a small civilian vessel in between. It would take several minutes untill the civilian boat would manage to make a landfall on the atol that was barely five inch off the water level. A man in a tuxedo would hastily jump out, rather agily for his middle aged frame. He'd walk the missing few meters with brisk pace, before standing infront of the bizarre almost mechanical looking man. "John Kawazaki, the minister of foreign affairs, at your service sir!" He'd place his fist over his chest and bow forward into it. He'd then swiftly rise his posture back ot normal. "You have skipped every single
custom and predifined institution. there's brief awkward pause Yet The Empress will forgive these transactions for a tribute. And for now, what brings a visitor to skies of Empire of Tossa?" In the background the two destroyers would lower their anchors, the guns mostly aimed on the alien vessel, clearly the whole nation is either paranoid or overly protective.

Xah
Councillor
Councillor
NS Nation (Prefix): The Morthanveld Polity of
Client Tech Level: A2
Client Leader: Ancient One
Client Councillor: Speaker
Client Species: Morthanveld

Post by Xah » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:55 am

The Advocate smiled. "We sometimes assign a tax on trade conducted between Clients, but it is never enough to make the exchange non-profitable for both parties, and is often done to ensure that a trade is conducted fairly, particularly if there is a substantial difference in scale between the Clients involved. We have no enemies to defend against, save the inevitable progress of entropy, against which we all must fight at some point. If you accept Client status, or even if you don't, your universe is your own, along with a small amount of space within the Nexus. So long as you obey Nexus Law, then your territory is sacrosanct, and Nexus Law is quite simple. The Law will be explained before any formal negotiations.

"If you accept Client status, then the Gate will only ever be closed on your request, and there can only be one Gate, due to the nature of the Nexus. As Advocate to this universe, I am willing to offer mediation services between the factions on this world to ensure an orderly transition and the selection of an acceptable Client representative.

"As Advocate, I have no questions that will not be answered during the formal Client negotiations. This is not about us, and what the Nexus gets from this; this is about your world and your universe, and how the Nexus can enable it to reach its full potential."

"Greetings John Kawazaki," the Advocate at Centrum replied. "I offer apologies for the transgressions of your customs and laws, but it is an unfortunate necessity for the task to which I am given. Any fines and," it pauses, "tributes, can be resolved in the formal negotiations that are to come. I am here as a representative of the Nexus, a multiversal community of many races, species and civilisations. We extend an invitation to this world and its inhabitants to become Clients of the Nexus and partake in the benefits and opportunities such a status offers. You may address me as 'Advocate' as I will be representing your interests to the Nexus, as well as offering guidance and advice regarding the Law of the Nexus and Client status." It paused and gestured at the shuttle behind it. "I offer a personal invite to visit the Nexus prior to any decision you may make, if you wish, and will also any questions you may have."

Oiniane
Level 5.2
Level 5.2
Nexus Client: Sinikivi
Client Tech Level: I3
Client Leader: The Empress
Client Species: Human

Post by Oiniane » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:41 pm

Tience - International Airfield

Director would nod, her arms folding. "As much... as mediation offering might sound to be feasible in our case, I do beleive it would cause even more outbursts form certain nations. Or... seemingly factions as you call them. However if you are villing for basic negotations then, I'd have an offer. If the gate is situated here in Tience, hopefully on a desert or othervice far away from residents, then I can promise you a single client oraganization. One that would represant us all. You may parlay and negotiate with other nations if you wish, but I can promise that they cannot give same kind of offer."
__________________________________________________________________________________________

10km off coast of Tossa. Crying Maiden's Atol.

Minister would straighten his jacket while listening to the advocate's words, coughing slightly before starting. "First of all, do please call me as Mr. Kawazaki. Secondly tribute and fine are not the same, latter has financial value, former only cultural. Idea of a tribute is to exchange something highly valuable due to cultural reasons, and to teach the opposing side of their ways in a brief but effective gift." He'd take a deep breath while watching at the sleek, massive box that is supposed to be a vessel of sorts. "Hrmh, if you see it mandatory for negotiations, then I will follow to your home. I do hope it won't take long to return?" While walking towards the ship and possibly inside it if Advocate would so choose, he'd swiftly ask: "Land of many races, species and civilizations. Sounds like a remarkably unruly bunch is it not? Also I do hope that we'd never need to fly your colors or hoist your flags anywhere if something comes out of this."