First Contact

For all news information about current events, as well as any diplomatic summits between nations that take place outside of the Nexus Council.

Moderator: Roleplay Master

Forum rules
RRP Forum: RRP Rules

Re: First Contact

Postby Xah » Fri May 17, 2019 6:48 am

There is a slight pause at the request for green tea before the Advocate nods once. "Green tea. A drink made from an infusion of cured plant leaves. Such a thing is possible. It is being prepared."

In a gesture looking entirely natural, the Advocate shakes the offered hand, its grip firm and its touch as warm as any human. "You were free to bring whoever you wished. The Nexus always takes into consideration the culture and protocols of its potential Clients. This will be your Gate and, on the other side, your Enclave, so carrying of any equipment, weapons or otherwise, is within your rights. Dependant on the scale of the weapons involved, they are also permitted in public areas of the Nexus.

"To properly establish our own protocol, are you of sufficient authority with your people to negotiate your status as a Client, or are you beholden to others?"
Xah
Visitor

NS Nation: The Morthanveld Polity of Xah
NS Region: Cynosure
Client Tech Level: A2
Client Leader: Ancient One
Client Councillor: Speaker
Client Species: Morthanveld

Postby Pie » Mon May 20, 2019 12:25 am

"I am the highest ranking person in the entire armed forces of Piethrixia, I have control of pretty much everything... Speaking of armed forces, this thing doesn't look so militarised to me."
The Admiral looks around the Airlock. He then removes his Handgun and hands it to the Security officer standing to his right. they whisper into their ear "won't need this, could probably beat them if I had to." They then turn back to face the advocate smiling. Now, where do we go?
Pie
Visitor

NS Nation: Dominion Piethrixia
Nexus Client: Piethrixia
Client Tech Level: A3
Client Leader: Jacobus Ade Reitsma
Client Councillor: Jacobus Ade Reitsma
Client Species: Human

Postby Xah » Mon May 20, 2019 6:43 am

"Vessels of the Owners are not militarised," the Advocate replied. "We do not engage in conflict with Clients, potential or otherwise, and do not get involved in conflicts between Clients. If matters arise that required application of force, then other methods have been deemed suitable to resolve it; this usually takes the place of a simple embargo of the Gate itself, withdrawing access to the Nexus, but in cases where the situation is more critical, redirection of stellar interiors is a typical response."

The Advocate gestures towards an area of the craft where seats and other surfaces rise from the formerly featureless floor. "If you would like to sit, I will take this vessel into the Nexus and you may see what we are offering. Do you wish to observe our passage as we travel? Some Clients appreciate viewing the entire voyage, others find it disorientating or causing discomfort."
Xah
Visitor

NS Nation: The Morthanveld Polity of Xah
Client Tech Level: A2
Client Leader: Ancient One
Client Councillor: Speaker
Client Species: Morthanveld

Return to “Diplomacy and Events”