RRP Forum: RRP Rules
AgentNickLandor
Level 10.0
Level 10.0
Client Councillor: Landor
Client Species: Human

Gone silent

Post by AgentNickLandor » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:41 pm

Pardon for the interruption Gentlemen, says Minister of Defense Lorín as he barges into the Imperial council Chamber. I have something of importance to share that I think needs your attention.
He aggressively slams a stack of reports on the table.
Sir these repor... emperor Brúd cuts him off mid sentence “Mr.Lorín, what is this nonsense I’m looking at and why couldn’t it wait until after the council meeting”

Sir, these are a list of reports our listening post in sector 87-3 sent up before going dark, their last report was 6 days ago.

“Mr.Lorín, this sounds like it can wait. Please come back when we are not in session.”

Sir, you don’t understand, this listening post went silent. I sent to a team to investigate and they haven’t reported in either. Now this sector isn’t known for piracy or brigands. Something has happened there and we don’t know what.

“Ok, so sent another team.” No , Sir you do not understand. That outpost had 319 personnel onboard and the search team I sent had a company of the 3rd battle group as security. There’s something else going on here.

“What do you mean, explain yourself. Prove to me that you’re not wasting my time.”

Sir alongside the listening post and my search team going missing the last reports the outpost sent were interesting. It was reported that The Takenrah System was undergoing a mass exodus of the civilian population.

“Well that is interesting, hmm well even though the outpost hasn’t reported recently the station should still be recording data. Am I correct?”

Yes Sir that is correct.

“Ok, what is our closest unit to that sector?”

That would be 3rd battlegroup 8th battalion sir. They are currently landed on planet 87-8-4 that is on the other side of the system.

“Ok tell them to dispatch 2 companies to investigate. One to search the outpost and one to pull security. I want a report of their findings as soon as it is reported.”

Yes sir, I will inform the Zealot of your orders Sir.

(Minister Lorín leaves the council chamber and rushes to his office, he sits down and starts a video transmission with 3-8 infantry.)

*Good Day this is Zealot Duran, who do I have the please of speaking with?*

Zealot, this is minister of defense Lorín

*sir Lorín, do what do I own this honor*

The emperor wants you to dispatch 2 companies to the listening outpost near you, it has recently went dark and th emperor wants to know what happened. Send your troops there and search for any survivors also recover the recorded reports from the last week.

* it will be done sir.*

Good report to me once your done and have transmitted the logs
(The minister ends the call before the Zealot has a chance to rebuttal)

——A Few days later——

-Minister Lorín is sitting at his desk attending to his daily duties. He logins into his computer to see he has a new message from the Zealot. He eagerly opens the message.

“Good Day Sir, we conducted an investigation at listening post 87-3 as directed. There are no survivors nor any bodies. We found plenty of equipment to signify that there has been a presence here but no remains or any signs of what happened to the crew or the previous search team. We found several corridors with expended ammo along side some firearms but nothing to show what the personnel where firing upon. We have recovered the last several weeks of reports from the station. After some review we suspect that what ever has attacked the station is directly related to what is attacking the Takenrah System right now. The Matriarchy of Qora has been fighting an unknown enemy in that system. I recommend that we contact them for further answers since these events are possibly related.”
-Attached to the message were the logs for the past several weeks at the station.-

Mr.Lorín rushes to the Emperor’s office, he swings open the door to see Empror Brúd reading over some legal documents that the imperial council are trying to implement.

Sir! *He says in a demanding voice to get his attention*
Here is the report Zealot Duran has sent along with the logs from the station. I feel it’s imperative that we contact our neighbors from the Matriarchy, hopefully that can provide us some answers.

-after a brief review of the documents Emperor Brúd puts the reports down and looks up at Lorín-

“Mr.Lorín, thank you for bringing this to my attention. As you know we normally don’t dwell in the matters of other nations but since our problem at the listening post seems to be related to the neighboring system of Takenrah we have no choice but to investigate further. I will contact the Matriarchy’s leader and inquire about these events. Thank you again you are dismissed.”

—Lorín leaves the office and emperor Brúd starts a transmission to the matriarchy in hopes he can get some answers—

-The video call rings and is awaiting an answer for Qora-

Qora
Level 5.2
Level 5.2
NS Nation (Prefix): Qora
Nexus Client: Qora
Client Tech Level: A2
Client Leader: Kleo Neferanzus Azu
Client Councillor: Kleo Neferanzus Azu
Client Species: Qorsikan

Re: Gone silent

Post by Qora » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:31 am

The video call goes through to the Imperial Council chambers. Four tiers of desks looking downwards at the camera and through the viewing monitor. The separate tiers all ornately designed each showing each tier's significance towards Qorsikan culture and government. Each of their desks made of mahogany, ornately decorated with scenes from their ancient beliefs with all of them uniquely different to the other and fitting each other in style. Alien servants, dressed in heavy wool and silk garb, doing their work and keeping everything in order and maintaining all the electronics enabling the video call to work.
► Not Roleplay
Absent members of the council are being shown by a hologram and on the fourth tier holds a veiled throne with the soft glow of a hologram right behind it. The veiled throne itself gilded and the wall behind it filled with ancient reliefs. The symbolism in it all is hard to make out due to the distance but with a glimmer of knowledge about Qorsikan beliefs, it can be guessed that whoever sits in the throne is of great religious significance. All of them looking down looking obviously annoyed with this call. The only male, obviously a herald, in the room is on the bottom floor at the eye level of the camera.

He looks back looking at the council and then towards the veiled throne. He looks back towards the camera "What do you want, Xeno. No, wait." He turns back to the veil. Very subtle movement can be seen as he nods and turns back, "We know why you're pestering us. You already know how dangerous it is out in the void. Why are you bothering us about our fringe worlds? It is none of your business anyway. And no, we won't turn to your barbarity and free our thralls. They are content under the peace we have built upon our social framework imposed on their worlds. I'm sure you cannot promise the prosperity and security we have assured them."

The Warmistress makes a small gesture and the herald turns around to look at her and nods. "Or perhaps you're here to submit yourselves to us as you've finally learned the hideous dangers of the universe, such as your worst enemies?"

AgentNickLandor
Level 10.0
Level 10.0

Post by AgentNickLandor » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:21 am

Emperor Brúd slightly sits back in his large leather chair with a flummoxed look on his face, which was most likely from not expecting that response, he lets out a slight chuckle, sits forward and starts tapping his hand on his Rather large Desk constructed from Alcon wood (Aldon wood is native to Kastea, the home world of the Grottobay)

“Well good day to you as well,
I have not initiated this call to submit or request you free your slaves. The Grottobay could care less about what you do as long as you don’t interfere with our business. This all is in regards to a Listening post next to your fringe world in the Takenrah system, we recently had a few hundred personnel go missing with no trace or signs about what happened to them.”

Landor glances away from the camera and puts picks up a stack of papers. He quickly skims though the documents before placing the stack down and looking back into the camera.

“Now my reports show that upon investigation of the outpost there was signs of fighting at the outpost, but like I mentioned earlier not a single trace of the personnel or what they were firing upon. I believe this is directly related to the fact you are fighting an enemy unbeknownst to The Grottobay.
I Simply want to know what attacked my outpost, because I severely doubt it was militaristic action taken by The matriarchy of Qora against The Grottobay. While we do not not like each other persay, we have been relatively peaceful towards each other and neither of us have anything to gain from a war between us. So like I previously stated I’m just wondering what has attacked my station and how can i defend against further attacks?”

Qora
Level 5.2
Level 5.2

Post by Qora » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:51 am

With stoicism, the entire council continues glaring down the Herald looks back onto the council. After a moment of him assessing their moods, he turns back towards Emperor Brúd.

"Sounds to me your forensic analysts are lacking in their ability to find the obvious. As we've said. The darkness of the void hides many horrors your simple mind cannot comprehend and you know this. Even a species such as yours is able to imagine what horrors can cause such destruction without any weapons fire."

He pauses and looks back at the council, and nods a few times over the course of a minute.

"The only reason we're at peace is that we have much better things to do such as invest our time in perfecting ourselves." He sighs obviously exasperated, "As well we would not know what has attacked your listening post. We've no idea how to defend against such an unknown enemy. We aren't even sure ourselves what's happening over there at this moment as we're still compiling the information."

AgentNickLandor
Level 10.0
Level 10.0

Post by AgentNickLandor » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:54 am

Landor begins to gently nod his head and leans back in his chair, then in a sarcastic tones says “Well, this has been both fun and an Honor, I Wish the Matriarchy the best of luck in the days to come.”

He begins to sit straight up in his chair again and shifts to a more serious tone
“But honestly, as you know The Grottobay is against the unnecessary lose of Life so if there’s anything we can help with don’t hesitate to ask.
Now if there’s nothing else, i will be on my way”

Qora
Level 5.2
Level 5.2

Post by Qora » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:52 pm

"Well, there's the only thing we can ask you at this time. Be ready as they'd probably invade you as well seeing their vagrant disrespect for borders and communication. Unfortunately, we're receiving a diplomatic incident with a Nexus Client coming through right now. It's about our currency for who knows why. If the situation worsens we'll ask for your assistance."